Student centric methods
SRCOE believes in the adoption of students centric methods to enhance student involvement as a part of participative learning and problem solving methodology. Role Plays, Team works, Debates, Seminar Quizzes and case studies Specifically Students centric Teaching Methods are reflected in project work, Field Visit, Industrial visit& guest lectures. Specifically the students centric methodology include
1. Experiential Learning
1.1.1 Project work
- Project work is organized in two phases
1) Mini project and
2) Major Projects this is an essential element of each programme
- Internship or Field Projects in industry.
1.2 Participation in competition at various level
- For Real time exposure students are encouraged to participated at National and International Level
1.3 Field Visits
- Faculty identifies and propose Academically significant Field visits and Surveys
1.4 Industrial Visits
- Departments Plan and Organise the industrial visits for students to provide exposure to industrial work culture.
1.5 Guest Lecture
- Guest lecture by eminent experts from industry and academics from across the world are organized to supplement the teaching process and provide experiential learning
2. Participated Learning
2.1 Role play
Teachers adopt role play method especially in management and PG Technical courses to supplement Teaching by way of participative learning
2.2 Team work
- All Departments organize students activities to promote the spirit of Team work The activities and Camp of NSS, institutional social responsibility through Red Cross ,Village Adoption, Tree plantation . Swatchh Bharat and Health awareness camp to help the students t to learn Art of living in a team for Social and community welfare.
- Debates are followed in many of the subjects where students are required to come with different opinions, thought processes thus the learning process gets justified in the argue-mental way of learning.
2.4 Group work
- Practicals and workshops in all individual and group work under the guidance of teachers are also conducted.
3. Problem solving Methodology
3.1 Case studies
Case study method is adopted in teaching learning process to make the students have logical thinking and practical knowledge to develop problem solving ability. This is commonly adopted in management and audit programmers.
3.2. Analysis and Reasoning.
- All questions in examination are based on analysis and reasoning.
- Free internet access in the library and wifi facilities in campus promotes the habit of self learning and discussion.
- University follows the discussions methods in many of the subjects as it makes the students to think wide and participate in coming up with the opinions & suggestions to check their current knowledge. Discussions are held basically in soft skills, managerial communications, business adoptions etc.
- Quizzes are conducted by subject teachers in all UG and PG programmes.
- Research activities are conducted in each Department under the guidance of senior faculty where the students of different semester get knowledge about emerging area and help them to promote in Research aptitude.